1. Candidates interested in joining BHEL as Engineer/Executive Trainee will have to appear for a Computer Based Examination. Based on the Examination Marks and requirement, candidates will be shortlisted for Interview in order of merit in the ratio of 1:7 to the number of vacancies in each discipline and Category. Physically Challenged candidates will be accorded upto 25% relaxation below the cut-off marks in their respective categories for being shortlisted for interview.
2. For shortlisting as per 1:7 ratio, initially, all UR candidates of each discipline of Engineering/HR/Finance along with such reserved category (i.e. EWS, OBC, SC, ST) candidates of that discipline, who do not avail any relaxation, will be grouped together and then arranged in descending order of merit of their Examination marks (marks out of 100) and candidates shall be called for interview in the ratio of 1:7 in UR category.
3. After this, candidates belonging to EWS/OBC/SC/ST categories, who are not shortlisted for interview under UR category, shall be regrouped with their respective categories for further consideration and candidates will be called for interview in prescribed ratio of 1:7 in their respective categories.
4. The final merit list shall be prepared on the basis of 75% weightage to Examination Score & 25% weightage to Interview Stage.
5. All the candidates obtaining same cut-off marks in respective groups shall also be called for interviews.