Clinical Research Associate (CRA)
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB)
Address: Thycaud Post, Poojappura, ,Thiruvananthapuram ,Kerala 695 014
1. MCI approved and recognized MB.BS degree or equivalent.
2. Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
3. Solid oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
4. Must be proactive and self-disciplined and meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
5. Advanced competence in collaboration & teamwork.
Desired Skills: Prior knowledge and experience working with viruses is highly desired.
Responsibilities / Job Description: 1. The clinical research associate (CRA) will be responsible for recruitment, of potential study subjects, preparation of trial related documentation (protocols, case report forms, consent forms, etc.)
2. The CRA should coordinate and keep the teams updated on subject recruitment process. This also involves coordinating with key personnel RGCB, hospitals and field doctors. This may not be restricted to Trivandrum Medical College and may involve other hospitals in the state. If we the required numbers cannot be achieved in Kerala then the study will spill over into Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, The clinical associate will take lead and implement these efforts.
3. The CRA will in close collaboration with laboratory personnel work closely with Mayo Clinic and Emory University in establishing screening methodologies to check antibody titer, virus neutralization assays, ADCC assays, pathogen arrays, B cell function, measles specific antibody ELISA’s, ELISPOT and human monoclonal antibody generation at RGCB.
4. The CRA will coordinate second time blood draw on vitamin A less and more individuals. Along with the laboratory personnelthe clinical associateshould standardize aim specific ELISA’s including those for vitamin A and establish a system to rapidly screen large sample volumes and essentially train other personnel and coordinate with them.
5. The CRA in close association with laboratory personnel must develop approaches for viral isolation and be on the look out for novel strains among patient samples.
6. The CRA must coordinate with health department to identify outbreaks thereby facilitating sample collection.
7. The CRA in close association with laboratory personnel must ensure that IgM/IgG response ELISA’s to measles should be worked up with Emory and established at RGCB
Last Date: 02/22/2016
How to Apply: Applications with complete bio-data (including any previous clinical research experience) and a statement of interest may be submitted as a hard copy to the undersigned or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date for receiving completed applications is February 22, 2016.
Details will be available at: http://rgcb.res.i n/clinical-research-associate/