Assistant Editor (Punjabi)
National Book Trust
Address:' Nehru Bhawan', 5, Institutional Area, Phase-II, Vasant Kunj, ,New Delhi,Delhi 110070
Pay Scale: PB-3 15600-39100 + GP Rs.5400/-
a. A Master’s degree from a recognized university.
b. Proficiency in the specified language.
c. Good knowledge of the literary scene of the specified language.
d. Working knowledge of English or Hindi. e. 05 years’ working experience in editing/translating/proof reading and book production.
Desired Skills: Good knowledge of Indian literature and culture.
No of Post: 01
Age Limit: 35 years
Last Date: 03/18/2016
How to Apply: The application duly completed in all respects should reach the Deputy Director (Establishment), National Book Trust, India, Nehru Bhawan, 5, Institutional Area, Phase-II, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110 070 within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300/- (no fee for SC/ST/PWD category) in favour of Director, National Book Trust, India payable at New Delhi. The Demand Draft should not be drawn before the date of issue of this advertisement. Candidates must write their names and the post applied for on the reverse of the Bank Draft. Candidate(s) willing to apply for more than one post must submit separate application and fee, if any, for each post. Application(s) received after the last date due to postal delay or any other reason(s) thereof or incomplete in any form or without the application fee, shall be summarily rejected.
General Instructions: 1. Application form and details regarding qualifications are available at the NBT Website www.nbtindia.gov.in. The application form for the post can be downloaded from NBT website.
2. Experience should be in the relevant field.
3. Candidates should be computer savvy and have good communication skills.
4. Mere fulfilling the qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be necessarily considered or called for the interview.
5. The NBT reserves the right not to fill up the vacancy and increase or decrease the number ofposts, as advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
6. Candidates serving in Government departments and Bodies are required to send their applications through proper channel or they have to produce NOC at the time of written test/interview failing which they may not be permitted to appear before the Selection Committee. While forwarding the application of in-service candidates, Head of the Institution should certify that no vigilance or criminal proceedings are pending or contemplated against them.
7. Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested clear copies of degree/certificates/mark sheets/experience certificate/application fee, case certificate, etc.) will be rejected out-rightly. Experience and qualifications will be reckoned as on last date of submission of application form.
8. Direct recruiters’ shall be governed by the provisions under New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Government of India with all its amendments made from time to time.
9. The Trust may hold a screening test to shortlist the candidates and no railway fare will be given for attending written test.
10. The Pay Band carries other allowances admissible to Central Government employees.
11. The Selection Committee may decide its own method of evaluating their performance of the candidates in the interview.
12. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, age relaxation to the extent of Govt. of India instructions shall apply. Besides normal age relaxation for the reserved categories, Exserviceman and in-service personnel/employees of Central Govt./Stage Govt./Universities and Autonomous Organizations will be considered for age relaxation as per Govt. of India rules: a) The upper age limit is relax-able to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST – 5 years, OBC – 3 years and Physically Challenged (UR) – 10 years. b) In case the persons with disability belong to SC/ST/OBC category, such SC/ST-cumPhysically Challenged candidates are eligible for 15 years relaxation and OBC-cum-PH candidate are eligible for 13 years relaxation in the upper age limit prescribed for general category. c) Candidates serving in Govt. Department/organization of Central and State Government including departmental candidates who are working in same or allied fields are entitled for 5 years age relaxation. With regard to age limit, the crucial date shall be the last date of receipt of applications as mentioned in the advertisement.
13. Candidate(s) belonging to OBC category must submit a valid ‘Non Creamy Layer” certificate from the appropriate authority, failing which such candidate(s) will not be considered as reserved category (OBC) candidate(s).
14. The selected candidate will also have to undergo a medical examination test from a government hospital countersigned by the Civil Surgeon or Chief Medical Officer to ascertain his/her medical fitness for the post at the time of joining.
15. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of test/interview for verification.
16. No interim correspondence will be entertained with the candidates who are not screened in for test/personal interview/appointment.
17. NBT, India strives to have a work force which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
18. Applicants must superscribe the envelope with ‘Application for the post of ____________________________________.
19. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Details will be available at: http://www.nbtindia.gov.in/writereaddata/attachment/friday-february-26-201611-24-04-amadvt-for-09-posts.pdf