Terms & Conditions
1. The appointment is purely on contract basis for a period of one year (with effect from the date of joining) or till such time the regular appointments against these vacant posts are made, whichever is earlier. If the contract is not extended further, the same will lapse automatically without assigning any reason. The appointment can also be terminated at any time, on either side, by giving one months notice or by paying one months salary, or failure to complete the period of three months to the satisfaction of the competent authority.
2. The appointee shall perform the duties as assigned to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/additional remuneration will be admissible in case of such assignment.
3. The appointee shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority Promotion etc. or any other benefits available to the Government servants, appointed on regular basis.
4. All the above posts are for running the temporary OPD of PGIMER Chandigarh Satellite Centre at Sangrur, Punjab and PGIMER Satellite Centre at Una, Himachal Pradesh.. Candidate selected for above contract posts will be posted at Satellite Centre, Sangrur, Punjab and PGIMER Satellite Centre at Una, Himachal Pradesh..
5. The appointee shall be a whole time employee of the Institute and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in a private practice of any kind during the period of contract.
6. The appointment to the said post will be subject to medical fitness from the competent Medical Board for which he/she will be sent to the designated Medical Authority of the Institute.
7. Leave entitlement of the appointee shall be governed in terms of instructions contained in DoPT&T’s O.M. No.12016/3/84-Estt.(L) dated the 12th April 1985 as amended by OM No.12016/1/96-Estt(L) dated the 5th July 1990 and OM No.12016/2/99-Estt(L) dated 12 July 1999.
8. On appointment, the appointee will be required to take an oath of allegiance to the Constitution of India or make a solemn affirmation to that effect in the prescribed proforma.
9. On appointment, the candidate will not have any claim/right whatsoever for the regular posts in the PGIMER, Chandigarh. Further, this cadre will also not be allowed to merge with the cadre in the Institute.
10. The appointee is not entitled to any TA/DA for attending the interview and joining the centre.
11. Other conditions of service will be governed by relevant rules and orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time with regard to contractual employees.
12. If any declaration given or information furnished by him/her proves false or if he/she is found to have wilfully suppressed any material, information, he/she will be liable for removal from service and also such other action as the Institute may deem necessary.
13. The appointee shall not be entitled to avail any allowances/facilities being extended to the adhoc/regular/permanent faculty members of PGIMER, Chandigarh.
14. Interested candidates may apply for the post under reference in the prescribed application form available at the Institute website appending therewith copies of selfattested certificates/testimonials and other relevant documents etc. and to bring the original certificates/testimonials at the time of walk-in-interview.