Guidelines for Candidates
1. The Teacher Eligibility Test shall be called “ODISHA SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST” (OSSTET).
2. OSSTET shall be conducted once in a year or as decided by the Government as per need.
3. The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha has been designated as the professional body for conducting OSSTET. Detailed procedure for conducting OSSTET and instruction for carrying out the examination shall be issued by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha. The application form for OSSTET shall also be prescribed by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha and submission of application form shall be in online mode.
4. Applicability OSSTET shall be applicable to all candidates who possess requisite academic and training qualifications with requisite percentage of marks as prescribed in the Resolution No.- 18618/ SME, Bhubaneswar Dtd.-17/09/2016 of the Govt. of Odisha in Department of School & Mass Education, or are in the process of acquiring the requisite training qualification (in the final year of Training Course or appearing / have appeared in the training examination but results awaited) as on the date of publication of the advertisement for the OSSTET and desire to become teachers in Secondary Schools i.e Govt./ Aided/ Recognised Unaided Secondary Schools in the State of Odisha.
5. Qualifying Marks The minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. A person securing 60% or more in each paper shall be considered to have qualified OSSTET. In case of SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates the minimum pass mark shall be 50%.
6. Issue of Certificate and Mark Sheet Successful candidates shall be awarded OSSTET Pass Certificate by the B.S.E., Odisha.
7. Validity of OSSTET Certificate The OSSTET Pass Certificate shall remain valid till the candidate reaches the upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers as per rules or executive instructions prescribed by the Govt. from time to time.
8. Number of Chances There shall be no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring OSSTET Pass certificate.
9. Weightage The weightage of OSSTET scores in the recruitment process may be decided by the Government from time to time while prescribing the eligibility conditions for recruitment.
10. Qualifying OSSTET - Only an eligibility Qualifying the OSSTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/ employment in any of the Govt. or Govt. Aided schools and it may be treated as one of the essential eligibility criteria for appointment. The eligibility for recruitment shall be determined by the concerned recruiting agency/ appointing authority on the basis of all eligibility conditions prescribed by Govt. from time to time.
11. Conduct of OSSTET Examination. The examination shall be conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha. Detailed guidelines for conduct of examination including nature and standard of question, selection of examination centres, format of application form, fee structure, valuation of answer sheets, declaration of results, issue of pass certificates etc shall be framed by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
12. Syllabus. The detail syllabus for subject of both the papers of OSSTET have been prepared by the Director, TE and SCERT, Odisha in consultation with BSE, Odisha and is available in the websites www.bseodisha.ac.in of B.S.E., Odisha.
13. Scheme The scheme of examination for OSSTET has been annexed to this guideline at Annexure-II.