Hiring Organisation: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
Salary: INR PB-3 (Rs. 15,600 – 39,100) with Academic Grade Pay Rs. 6,000/-
Address: Ward No. 8, NCL Colony, Pashan Pune Maharashtra 411008
Education Requirements: Master’s Degree in Library Science / Information Science / Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or at least 60% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record with superior knowledge of computerized library service.
Experience Requirements: PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking or PGDCA or equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications: Candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Gants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Librarian
Age Limit: Not exceeding 45 years. Age relaxation as applicable will be given to SC/ST/OBC applicants as per the Government of India norms.
Last Date: 13-November-2015
No Of Post: 01
1) All above posts are as per the Central Government pay scale and carry allowances like House Rent, Transport and Children’s Education as admissible to Central Government employees of the respective scale posted in Pune.
2) These posts will be covered under New Pension Scheme of Govt. of India and incumbent will be eligible for other benefits like Medical, LTC, etc. as per the Government / Institute norms.
3) The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institution.
4) Reservation for PWD is as per Govt. of India norms.
5) Age should not exceed the limit as on the closing date of receipt of application.
6) Application from the candidates working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Government Funded Research Agencies must be sent through proper channel and with a clear certificate that the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of appointment order, if selected. However, an online application to be submitted before the last date as an advance copy.
7) Candidates applying for more than one post may apply separately for each post.
8) The prescribed Essential Qualifications / Experience indicated are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the candidates. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for written exam / skill test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The candidates should, therefore, furnish full details of qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant fields, over and above the minimum prescribed. Documentary evidences will be verified during the selection process.
9) Relaxation in age, educational qualification and / or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates, with prior approval of the Competent Authority.
10) Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro second class rail fare / ordinary bus fare from the normal place of their residence or that declared in the application or from the actual place of undertaking the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of the interview, as per rules.
11) No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
12) Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
13) Application incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants may apply online in the prescribed application format. Click on the link “Apply Online” available below this advertisement link and apply for the post. Please keep your personal details, qualification details, details of references, experience details, other relevant details, soft copy of the passport size photograph with you and printer attached to your desk top before starting online application. In case name of the degree that you possess is not listed in the drop down options, please select “other” and write name of the degree and specialization in the field named as “specialization” and other desired details in the same field. After you complete the application, click on the “Preview” button.
Please see the print preview from browser option and adjust page margins if printable area is not covered. Go to the end of the preview page, click in the box provided for declaration. Before submitting the application click on the “Print” button to take printout of the filled application. Please keep one copy for your record. Once you submit the application, you will not be able to retrieve the application for printing / editing / reference. Applicants who have submitted “Online application” only will be considered for selection process. List of candidates shortlisted for selection process shall be put up below this advertisement with details of date, time and venue.
Candidates will be informed by email followed by a letter by post. When called for the selection process, candidates will have to bring printed copy of the online application (affix color passport size photograph on application), certificates in support of age, qualification, experience, disability certificate (not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability) issued by the competent authority and other documents in support of the information submitted in the online application.
Details will be available at: http://www.iiserpune.ac.in/userfiles/files/Web%20Advertisement%2046%202015(1).pdf