Senior Scientist - Gender Research
Hiring Organisation: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Address: ICRISAT, Patancheru Telangana India
Education Requirements: PhD in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Gender in Development, Rural Development Studies, or related fields
Experience Requirements: 5-7 years of relevant experience in gender in rural development/or agriculture/natural resource management in developing countries, particularly in Africa.
1. Sound knowledge of data management methods and analytical tools
2. Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline and self -motivation.
3. Experience working in multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams.
1. Strong capabilities in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis and problem solving skills
2. Strong academic publications record
3. Ability to travel extensively
4. Demonstrated quality of judgment and the ability to think strategically, assessing and responding to new challenges in rural and agricultural development
5. Strong coordination and facilitation skills
6. Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and work in teams
7. Ability to work effectively with research and development partners across the target countries
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential. As the position is located in Bamako, Mali, a sound knowledge of French is highly desirable.
9. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and electronic communication
Last Date: 04-October-2015
How To Apply: Applicants should apply on or before 04 October, 2015, with a letter of interest, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacte
Details will be available at: http://www.icrisat.org/careers/Senior-Scientist-Gender-Research-dc.htm