Hiring Organisation: Zoological Survey of India
Salary: INR Rs.16,000-25,000/-pm
Address: Zoological Survey of India, 130 Santhome High Road, – Chennai Tamil Nadu 600028
1. A first Class MSc with majors in Marine Biology, Environmental or any Life Sciences.
2. Must be willing to pursue a PhD through the project within 6-12 months of joining the project (Topics of study must be in line with the general theme of the research project )
3. Should be physically fit, not be adverse to work in marine conditions.
4. Should able to perform waterman ship of 10 minutes swim/float without swimming aids and complete 200 meter continues surface swim or 300 meter swim with mask fins and snorkel.
5. Should be willing to take up SCUBA diving training.
6. Should be willing to stay in Lakshadweep, for monitoring purposes and as per the requirement of the research topic
1. Good statistical knowledge, and ability to use statistical software.
2. Experience of working with a varied groups of people and cultures, especially research scholars in different scientific fields, volunteers and interns.
3. Research experience in Coral Reef studies
4. Possessing good communication skills
5. Possessing SCUBA Certification
Last Date: 09-November-2015
No Of Post: 06
How To Apply: Please send in detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates of Educational qualifications, training etc., with a cover letter explaining interest and suitability in the job post, to reach Principal Investigator. Long-term Coral Reef Monitoring Programme - Lakshadweep, Marine Biology Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, 130 Santhome High Road, Chennai – 600028, on or before the closing date of filing of applications. A pdf copy of the whole document can be emailed to: email@example.com. The short-listed candidates will be notified by email.
Details will be available at: http://zsi.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/Advertisement/Junior%20Research%20Fellows.pdf