1. The Graduate Engineers from the relevant disciplines, willing for taking up a career with WBSEDCL are required to appear in GATE-2019 in the corresponding GATE papers.
2. Candidates will have to essentially qualify in GATE-2019 examination. In addition, candidates will have to appear for Personal Interview.
3. Only GATE-2019 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in WBSEDCL under this notification. Score from GATE-2018 or from any previous GATE examination is not valid.
4. On the basis of GATE-2019 score, the candidates will be shortlisted (category-wise) for Personal Interview (in 1:5 ratios of advertised vacancies).
5. Final Merit List of eligible candidates will be prepared based on the combined performance in GATE2019 and Personal Interview process.
6. Candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview in 1:5 ratios (category-wise) of the advertised vacancies based on their performance in GATE-2019.
7. The Personal Interview will be held in Kolkata.
8. Candidates called for Personal Interview shall not be entitled to reimbursement of any travelling expenses.
9. Final selection will be made on the basis of fulfillment of prescribed eligibility criteria, combined performance in the GATE-2019 & Personal Interview, fitness in pre-employment medical examination, available vacancies and existing reservation rules of Govt. of West Bengal.