1. Before applying the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the advertisement.
2. Applicants are required to apply through www.wbpdcl.co.in website. No manual / paper application will be entertained. Candidates are advised to keep in touch through the WBPDCL website for details and updates relating to this employment notification, if any.
3. Payment of non refundable Application Fee of Rs. 300 (Rupees Three Hundred only) should be made using the prescribed Allahabad Quick Collect wherein WBPDCL account number shall remain prefilled. No other mode of payment shall be accepted.
4. The printout of Application Slips should not be tampered with. In case of any overwriting or tampering of slip, the candidature of the candidate shall be rejected.
5. Candidates should retain a copy of their Application Slip for future reference.
6. SC / ST / OBC / PWD / EC / XSM / MSP for the purpose of this notification means applicants belonging to ‘Scheduled Caste’ / ‘Scheduled Tribe’ / ‘Other Backward Classes’ / ‘Person with Disability’ / ‘Exempted Category’ / ‘ Ex Servicemen’ and ‘Meritorious Sportsperson’ category candidates respectively.
7. Date of Birth will be taken as that mentioned in the birth certificate issued by the Competent Authority / Certificate or Admit card of Class X or equivalent examination. No other proof of date of birth shall be accepted.
8. WBPDCL Departmental candidates / ‘Contractor workers’ related to WBPDCL are also required to APPLY ONLINE and submit application through proper channel as per procedure mentioned at Cl 9 below.
9. Candidates applying as ‘Contractor worker’ related to the WBPDCL shall in addition to applying online, shall be required to submit a Certificate as per Annexure X, along with copy of the system generated Application Slip duly certified by the concerned Contractor to the related site HR&A department of WBPDCL.
10. Candidates whose names have been sponsored as ‘Exempted Category’ candidates by the Directorate of Employment Exchange against notification furnished by WBPDCL in this regard, shall only be considered for ‘Exempted Category’ reservation. Candidature of candidates applying under Exempted Category shall upon verification of credentials if found not to have been sponsored as Exempted Category by the Directorate of Employment Exchange shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are therefore advised to confirm with the Employment Exchange about their sponsorship as Exempted Category prior to applying.
11. Having successfully registered oneself at the WBPDCL (www.wbpdcl.co.in) website does not entitle one to be eligible to appear for the written test and/or other subsequent test(s). Candidates need to download the ADMIT CARD which shall only entitle one to appear for the written test. Mere submission of application shall not give right to any candidate to be called for written test / interview and WBPDCL reserves the right not to fill up any or all the posts notified at its discretion. Verification of credentials shall be done prior to conduct of Personal Interview only and in case any deviation from or non-conformity with the desired qualification candidature of the candidate shall be summarily rejected. Having appeared for the written test does not entitle eligibility for Personal Interview / other subsequent test(s).
12. Candidature of candidates is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or even after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with the eligibility criteria so mentioned in the advertisement. Screening and selection of candidates will be based on the details provided by the candidate, hence it is necessary that the applicants furnish accurate, full and correct information. Furnishing wrong / false / incomplete information will lead to disqualification and the WBPDCL will NOT be responsible for any consequence arising out of furnishing such wrong / false information by the candidate.
13. Request for change of mailing address / examination center / category / discipline / qualification once declared in the online application form will not be entertained. The WBPDCL reserves the right to cancel / add any examination center or alter the date of examination, if situation so warrants.
14. Candidates should apply for any ONE discipline / post only. Applications made for more than one discipline may render all the applications of the candidate invalid.
15. The applicant(s) working in Government / Semi-Government / PSU(s) / Autonomous bodies shall have to produce NOC (No Objection Certificate) issued by his / her present employer at the time of interview if called for, without which he / she shall not be allowed for interview. Candidates failing to produce No Objection Certificate at the Interview shall be held disqualified.
16. No TA or other expenses will be made admissible to the candidates appearing for the written examination / interview etc.
17. Any canvassing or personal follow up with an intention of inducing the process of recruitment by and on behalf of any candidate shall lead to immediate cancellation of candidature.
18. The WBPDCL reserves the right to withdraw / cancel the advertisement / recruitment process if circumstances so warrant without assigning any reason thereof.
19. In case of any dispute, the legal jurisdiction shall be that of the Hon’ble High Court, Calcutta.