Stores & Purchase Officer
Hiring Organisation: Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
Salary: INR Pay Band 3 Rs.15600-39100 plus grade Pay Rs. 5400/-
Address: Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Sarjapur Road, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bangalore Karnataka 560034
Responsibilities: In-charge of Stores & Purchase Section; holding the responsibility of procurement, supply and maintenance of indigenous and imported stores/services; formulation of purchase/maintenance of contracts; price negotiation; inventory management; physical stock verification, general administration of stores; time bound and efficient execution of assignments as per standard purchase procedures and provisions of the Government of India/Autonomous Institutes of Central Government, as required by the Institute from time to time. To carry out any other work of Institute, as and when assigned.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Arts / Science / Commerce / B.E/B.Tech or equivalent from a recognized University with minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with experience in handling Stores & Purchase
Eligibility Criteria: For Deputation: The candidates holding analogous post or equivalent with ten years combined regular service in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 in PB 2 with GP of Rs.4200/- and Rs.4600/-, of which at least 04 years in the Grade pay of Rs.4600/- or equivalent in a Central/State Govt. Department / Institution / Research Institute / University. For Direct Recruitment: 10 years relevant working experience combined in the pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 in PB 2 with GP of Rs.4200/- and Rs.4600/-, of which at least 04 years in the Grade pay of Rs.4600/- or equivalent in a Central/State Govt. Department / Institution / Research Institute / University / reputed Institutions.
Desirable Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of Govt. rules & Regulations, Computer application / Management Information System, post-graduate diploma / degree in material management, awareness of working requirement etc., of scientific/technological/academic Institutions/organizations
Age Limit: 45 years
No Of Post: One (Unreserved)
1. The above post carry allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules. Selected candidate will be on probation for a period of two years and will be continued on regular appointment subject to satisfactory performance during the probationary period.
2. The appointee is liable for transfer to any of the Institute’s field stations and locations.
3. Age relaxation is permissible to SC/ST & OBC candidates and also to physically handicapped candidates as notified by Govt. of India from time to time.
4. Reservation policy will be as per Government of India rules. The candidates are required to attach valid latest caste certificate as per guidelines prescribed by the Government of India.
5. Departmental candidates / Government Servants are eligible for age relaxation as per Rules.
6. Candidates already employed in Government / Autonomous Institutions / Semi Government Institutions / Corporations / Banks etc., may forward a copy of their applications through proper channel by post after successful registration of application through online.
7. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of completed application.
How To Apply: Departmental Candidates / Govt. servants willing to apply for the above position on direct recruitment / deputation may forward their copy of application through proper channel as stated above. Envelope containing the application must be superscribed with ‘Application for the post of Stores & Purchase Officer’ (under direct recruitment / deputation basis) (whichever is applied for should be clearly mentioned.) so as to reach to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Sarjapur Road, 2nd Block, Koramangala, Bangalore – 560 034 on or before last date for receipt of application. Applications received after expiry of the last date or otherwise found incomplete (and without ACRs / No-objection Certificate / Vigilance Clearance Certificate in case of applications for recruitment on deputation basis), will not be entertained.
Details will be available at: http://www.iiap.res.in/iia_jobs/