Center Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
Sr. Technical Officer
Address: 196, Raja S.C. Mullick Road , Kolkata ,West Bengal 700032
Pay Scale (Salary): Rs 15600-39100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/-
Educational Requirements: B.E./B.Tech.in Glass/Ceramic/Mechanical/Electrical/ Electronics/Computer/Metallurgy/Mat erials/Chemical/Instrumentation or equivalent with 55% marks
1. To assist R&D work related to specialty glass & ceramic material processing/Characterization of materials/ Computational methods and simulation.
2. Ceramic membrane and refractory materials processing and characterization.
3. To work in operation and maintenance of sophisticated processing and characterization equipment like TEM,FESEM, XPS, XRD etc.
Experience Requirements: Minimum 2 years experience
No of Post (Vacancies) in Center Glass & Ceramic Research Institute: 02
Age Limit: Not exceeding 35 years
Last Date to Apply For This Job : 04/30/2016
How to Apply in Center Glass & Ceramic Research Institute: 1. Eligible candidates are required to apply online. The interested candidates may log on to the Institute website: www.cgcri.res.in : career Permanent Staff Advt. No. 01/2016 Apply online. A link will be provided for online application.
2. The applicant making online application must possess a valid e-mail id and mobile number for the verification/authentication purpose.
3. Please click for the details against the post you wish to apply.
4. The vacancy detail will now appear on the screen.
5. On the bottom of the Advertisement, you will find four menus: ‘Vacancy Details’, ‘General Information’, ‘How to Apply’ and ‘Check Eligibility’.
6. The candidates are advised to go through the terms and conditions carefully, and if they are satisfied that they are eligible and accept the stipulated terms and conditions then check their eligibility for the posts furnishing their age, category etc. and validate their e-mail account.
7. The online application form will now open. You can start filling up the online application form. Please remember that it is compulsory for you to fill up all the fields that are preceded by asterisk(*)
8. Upload your recent passport size colour photograph of the prescribed format and dimension.
9. Once you have filled up the application form click on ‘submit’ button
10. The screen will now show your application number and a menu called ‘Print Application Summary Sheet’. Please note down your application number and click on ‘Print Application Summary Sheet’. The Application Summary Sheet will now be displayed. Take a print out of the summary sheet. The Summary Sheet will also be forwarded to the e-mail provided by the candidates.
11. A non-refundable application fee of`100/- (Rupees one hundred only) is payable in the form of Demand Draft of State Bank of India of valid for a period of at least three months. Demand Draft should be in favour of Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute and payable at the State Bank of India, Jadavpur University Branch, Kolkata (Code No. 000093). The following details must be mentioned on back side of Demand Draft: i) Candidate’s Name, ii) Candidates Category, iii) Post Code applied for and iv) Date of birth. SC/ST/PWD/Women/CSIR Employees are exempted from submission of application fee.
12. After you have taken a print out please sign in the designated place in the ‘Summary Sheet’, attach a Demand Draft of Rs100/- and self-attested copies of supporting documents like copies of Matriculation/SSC/Degree/Post Graduate Degree Certificate(s) and Marks Cards for all the Semesters/ Years, SC/ST/OBC/Ex-SM Certificate and other testimonials in support of Date of Birth, Qualifications, Experience and Community etc. The above documents are to be sent in a sealed cover super scribing“Application for the post of ………………………, Advt. No. 01/2016, Application No. ………… so as to reach at the following address on or before 15.05.2016. The Administrative Officer CSIR – Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute 196, Raja S.C Mullick Road, Kolkata – 700 032
13. Candidates have to submit single application for each post. However, for multiple posts, separate applications must be submitted.
14. Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will neither be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection process.
General Instructions: 1. The applicant must be a citizen of India.
2. Relaxation in age limit up to five years may be allowed to the Council / Government /Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector employees in accordance with the instructions and orders issued by the Government of India from time to time. There is no age limit for departmental candidates, provided they possess the prescribed qualifications.
3. As per GOI provisions, age relaxation for Widows, Divorced Women and Women Judicially separated from Husbands who are not remarried, the upper age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years (up to 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and up to 38 years for members belonging to the Other Backward Classes in respect of the posts reserved for them). The persons claiming age relaxation under this sub-para would be required to produce following documentary evidence: i. In case of Widow, Death Certificate of her husband together with the Affidavit that she has not remarried since. ii. In case of divorced Women and Women judicially separated from their husbands, a certified copy of the judgment/decree of the appropriate Court to prove the fact of divorce or the judicial separation, as the case may be, with an Affidavit in respect of divorced Women and they have not remarried since.
4. Relaxation in age limit to Ex Servicemen (EXS) shall be 3 years after deduction of actual military service from their actual age.
5. Age relaxation is admissible by five years for persons who have ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.
6. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for receipt of online Application i.e. 30.04.2016. The cut-off date for determining the age, qualifications and experience shall be the last date for receipt of applications.
7. Candidates should ensure that the Summary Sheet generated online, along with the requisite certificates and testimonials must reach CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata within 15 days of closing of the online application (i.e. 15.05.2016). After that date for any reason whatsoever (such as envelopes wrongly addressed, delivered elsewhere, postal delay etc.) will not be entertained by this Institute. Any enclosure received separately subsequent to the receipt of the application cannot be connected therewith. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
8. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in the case of SC and by 3 years in the case of OBC candidates for the posts which are reserved for the respective categories. Relaxation of upper age limit for Ex-servicemen will be applicable as per GOI rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates who apply against unreserved vacancies will not be eligible for age relaxation.
9. If any document/certificate furnished is in a language other than Hindi or English, a transcript of the same duly attested/self-attested is to be submitted.
10. CSIR-CGCRI reserves the right to review the eligibility/ineligibility of a candidate at any stage of the recruitment process and such decisions as may result after review will be final and binding on the candidates. Ineligibility of candidates detected at any stage can render him/her liable to be disqualified/ debarred.
11. Applications from employees working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Central Universities and Government funded Research Agencies will be considered only if forwarded through proper channel with a clear certificate that in case of selection, the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of offer of appointment.
12. The posts carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees as made applicable to CSIR employees of the same pay and status stationed at this Institute.
13 The service is pensionable based on defined contribution under the New Pension Scheme as made applicable to Council employee w.e.f. 1.1.2004. However, persons selected from other Government Departments / Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertakings / Central Universities having Pension Scheme on GOI pattern and who are presently being governed by old Pension Scheme will continue to be governed by the existing Pension Scheme i.e. CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
14. Candidates called for interview will be paid single second class to and fro rail fare by the shortest route from the place of their residence/actual departing station, whichever is nearer to Kolkata.
15. The Post Code and Name of the post applied for should be clearly mentioned on the envelope containing the application.
16. Women candidates areencouraged toapply. This is in accordance with the policy of Government of India for maintaining gender equality.
17. No of posts may vary at the time of selection.
Job Details for Center Glass & Ceramic Research Institute Will Be Available At: http://www.cgcri.res.in/datas/users/1-21_03_2016_advertisement_for_ta_to_technician.pdf