Scientist – Gender Research
Hiring Organisation: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Address: ICRISAT, Patancheru Telangana
Education Requirements: PhD in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Gender in Development, Rural Development Studies, Agricultural Economics or related fields
Experience Requirements: 5-7 years of relevant experience in gender in rural development/or agriculture/natural resource management in developing countries, particularly in Africa
1. A proven professional record on agriculture related gender research extending to study design, quantitative and qualitative analytic methods and peer-reviewed outputs
2. Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline and self -motivation
3. Experience working in multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams
1. Strong capabilities in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis and problem solving skills
2. Strong academic publications record
3. Ability to travel extensively
4. Demonstrated quality of judgment and the ability to think strategically, assessing and responding to new challenges in rural and agricultural development
5. Strong coordination and facilitation skills
6. Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and work in teams
7. Ability to work effectively with research and development partners across the target countries
8. Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English is essential.
9. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and electronic communication
Last Date: 30-November-2015
General Information: This is an internationally recruited staff position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars. The position is initially for three years, and extendable depending on performance of the incumbent. An attractive compensation will be offered for the right candidate.
How To Apply: Applicants should apply on or before 30-November-2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Details will be available at: http://www.icrisat.org/careers/Scientist_GR.htm