Scientist ‘C’ Non Medical
Hiring Organisation: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
Salary: INR Rs. 53,946/- p.m. including other allowances as admissible under the existing ICMR rules for Scientific staff engaged in Ad-hoc research projects/schemes.
Address: Indian Council of Medical Research, Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No. 4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi Delhi 110029
Responsibilities: The incumbent is expected to do the following to assist:
• To coordinate the joint activities like joint workshops/exchange visits conceptualized on the topics of mutual interest under various MoUs/programmes handled by IHD.
• To organize meetings of Joint Steering Committee (JSC)/Joint Working Group (JWG) and oversee the effective execution of work/action plan, whatever & whenever required.
• To enhance coordination & cooperation between the international organizations and regional countries.
• To create a virtual website (online interactive system) to give status of various international collaborative projects and its periodic updating.
• To develop periodic documents/reports on overview and outcome of international collaborative projects. • Contribute towards the planning and implementation of various international collaborative research programmes.
• Any job assigned by Director-General and the PI.
Education Requirements: First Class Master’s degree in Life Sciences from a recognized University Or 2 nd Class M.Sc. in above subjects + Ph.D. degree in above subjects from a recognized University
Experience Requirements: Four years R&D experience in relevant area in recognized institute(s) after obtaining essential qualification
• Ph.D. in related subject from a recognized university for candidates with first class Master’s Degree
• Additional Post doctoral research experience in relevant subjects in recognized institute(s)
• Knowledge of Computer Applications or Business Intelligence tools/Data Management
• Experience in handling International Collaboration
Age Limit: Not exceeding 40 years
Last Date: 27-November-2015
No Of Post: 01
1. Since the post is purely temporary, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under ICMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
2. The appointment is terminable with one month notice period from either side without assigning any reason and the tenure would be reviewed annually on the basis of performance and suitability.
3. Benefits or provident fund, CCA, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. are not applicable.
4. Age relaxation for temporary Govt. Servants, SC, ST & OBC candidates as per Govt. Rules in force. Age relaxation will be considered for deserving candidates on the recommendation of selection committee.
5. No TA/DA etc. will be given to attend the Interview.
6. Qualification and experience should be from a recognized university / organization / institution.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification and the decision of the selection committee will be final.
8. Position may be downgraded in case no suitable/qualified candidate is/are found.
9. Consolidated salary may be revised as per ICMR/GoI instructions from time to time.
How To Apply: The interested candidates possessing above qualifications and experience may apply on plain paper with detailed bio-data along with full contact details such as Telephone no./Mobile no. & email address latest by 5:00 PM on 27th November, 2015. Soft copy of application to be sent to Mrs. Amarjeet Kaur, Sr. Admn. Officer (IHD) on e.mail ID- email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org The hard copies of application should also necessarily be sent and addressed to:- Dr.Harpreet Sandhu, Principal Investigator (PI), International Health Division (IHD) Indian Council of Medical Research, Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No. 4911, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029 The shortlisted candidates will be invited for personal discussion/interview at ICMR Hqrs. Office, Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029 on a later date.
Details will be available at: http://www.icmr.nic.in/icmrnews/vacancy%20notice%20(IHD).pdf