General Terms and Conditions
1. Number of vacancies may vary. The project appointment shall be temporary for shorter duration and co-terminus with the project deadline.
2. Staff/Fellows cannot be permitted to register for Ph.D., due to time constraints.
3. These positions are meant for temporary extramural projects for appointment purely on temporary contract basis for three/six months initially and extendable upon performance evaluation and duration of the project.
4. Payment of salary/stipend/consolidated emoluments to the project staff shall be subject to availability of funds from funding agency of the project.
5. Age relaxation against post earmarked for reserved candidates will be as per Govt. of India norms. No relaxation against UR vacancies.
6. Reserved category candidates must produce their caste Validity certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate.
7. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
8. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
9. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply. 10.Stipend/consolidated salary of the project positions may vary from time to time
11.Separate application should be submitted for each post/ reservation.
12.No TA DA will be paid and candidate has to arrange transport/accommodation themselves for written test/interview.
13.The Project Investigator/Appointing authority reserves rights to consider or reject any application/candidature.
14.Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
15.Appointment on project mode is purely temporary and candidates shall have no claim for regular appointment either in NIV or ICMR or any organization of Govt. of India.
16.The Project Investigator/Appointing authority reserves the right to terminate the project staff even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
17.Leave shall be as per the Institutional policy for project staff.
18.NIV reserves the right to cancel/modify the recruitment process at any time, during the process, at its discretion.
19.The decision of the Director, NIV will be final and binding.
20.Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
Applications received through email or any other mode of correspondence will not be entertained. Interested candidates must attend personally for interview/test on the above prescribed date with all the relevant documents in original in proof of their date of birth, educational qualifications, experience etc. and one set of self attested photocopies of the same, C.V. and one recent passport size colour photograph. Candidates arriving late and/or without documents will not be entertained. The Interview/test may continue till late evening or following day/s depending upon the number of candidates appearing. No accommodation can be provided for any candidate.