Senior Manager (E&P- Geologist)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
Address:3079/3, J B Tito Marg, Sadiq Nagar, New Delhi ,Delhi 110049
Pay Scale: Rs. 43200/- to Rs 66,000/-
Educational Requirements: M. Sc./M. Sc. Tech./M Tech in Geology/Applied Geology/Petroleum Geology from a recognized Institute/University in India or abroad
Desirable Qualifications: The incumbent should have prior experience in E&P, which inter alia should include the following: - Hands on E&P (Exploration & development) experience at technical and managerial level - 2D and 3D seismic data interpretation skills for Structural / Stratigraphic Interpretation and Reservoir Attribute Analysis, Log Interpretation skills, Geological Modeling, etc. - Log Interpretation skills with the ability to integrate well logs into a Stratigraphic Interpretation, Experience in Formation Evaluation using log data. - Proven Geo-Sciences workstation experience/proficiency in interpretation software like those by Landmark/Schlumberger, etc. - Good understanding of Indian and international PSCs and JOA
Experience Requirements: Minimum 14 years experience in E&P Company(ies)/Oil & Gas Services company(ies) in India or abroad as on 31st March, 2016 out of which minimum 4 years should be as a Team Leader supervising Executives in Exploration & Production (E&P) works
Responsibilities / Job Description: The job, inter alia, will involve: - Geological evaluation of non-operated/operated acreages including comprehensive geological mapping, integration of geophysical & well data (well log correlation at regional and reservoir scale) into regional and prospect assessments, basin evaluation, play/prospect generation, prospect evaluation, volumetric assessment, reserves estimation, risk analysis & ranking of the prospects, techno-economic evaluations and technical results/recommendations to the senior management, coventures and governmental agencies - Plan and design technical specifications for various tender documents and technical support for G&G studies - Lead in-house geological interpretation of seismic data for deciding the well locations and also to counter-check technical work carried out by various operators for E&P blocks where IOC is not an operator - Counter-check appraisal and development plans for maximizing recovery of hydrocarbons at optimum cost in the blocks where discovery has already been made - Closely monitor and supervise exploration activities from technical point of view to improve chances of success in drilling carried out in IOC's E&P blocks - Identify, procure and maintain necessary hardware and software for interpretation - Guide, train and develop team of geoscientists
No of Post: 02
Age Limit: Maximum 42 years as on 31st March,2016
Last Date: 03/23/2016
How to Apply: The prospective candidates are required to submit their application on-line. The on-line link will be made available on ‘What’s New Section’ on www.iocl.com (home page of Corporate Website of IndianOil) and also on ‘People & Career’ link. Candidates should, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information
General Instructions: 1. The candidates must have an active e-mail id, which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only.
2. The candidates should have the relevant documents like experience details, percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination, caste/sub-caste certificate, date of issue, name of issuing authority, state of origin, etc. readily available with them before they commence the ONLINE application process.
3. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a Degree /Diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
4. Candidates belonging to OBC category, but falling in creamy layer, will not be entitled to the benefit of reservation and should apply as General Category candidate.
5. Candidates presently employed in Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies will need to submit NOC from competent authority of their current employer at the time of interview.
6. If more than one application is received from a candidate, most recent (current) application will be considered as final. However, in case of multiple applications, fees paid by the candidates will not be refunded.
7. Candidates not found to be meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of selection process. Any candidate submitting false/ incorrect information shall be rejected during any stage of selection process.
Details will be available at: https://www.iocl.com/d ownload/Notification-for-Engagement-of-Apprentices.pdf