Name of the Post: IOCL Paradip Refinery Apprentice Posts
Post Date: 24-10-2018
Total Vacancy: 130
Information: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Paradip Refinery has published the notification for the recruitment of Trade Apprentice and Technician Apprentice vacancies. Qualification required is B.Sc, Diploma in Engg. The age limit is required minimum will be 18 years and maximum will be 24 years. The interested candidates can apply online from 16-10-2018 at 10:00 hrs.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Haldia Refinery
Apprentice Vacancies 2018
Age Limit as on 31-10-2018
|Sl No||Post Name||Total||Qualification|
|1||Trade Apprentice / Attendant Operator (Chemical Plant)||25||B.Sc (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry)|
|2||Trade Apprentice (Fitter)||05||Matric with ITI (Fitter)|
|3||Trade Apprentice (Chemical)||50||Diploma (Chemical Engg/ Refinery & Petrochemicals Engg)|
|4||Technician Apprentice (Mechanical)||10||Diploma in Mechanical Engg.|
|5||Technician Apprentice (Electrical)||30||Diploma in Electrical Engg|
|6||Technician Apprentice (Instrumentation)||10||Diploma in Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control Engg|
1. Selection shall be on the basis of performance in Written Test of two hours duration & Personal Interview.
2. The ratio of marks for Written Test and interview shall be 85:15 and a candidate will have to secure minimum 40% marks at each stage for qualifying the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD categories considered against reserved positions at each stage of the selection process.
3. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories, who have availed of concession in eligibility qualification marks or in Written Test qualifying marks or Interview, will be considered against reserved vacancies, irrespective of their position in select list (in order of merit within the category).
4. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for Personal Interview or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
5. Shortlisted candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one position/seat, with due cognizance to number of reserved positions) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to attend a Personal Interview. The Personal Interview for each discipline shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
6. In case of non-availability of sufficient number of candidates to fill the reserved seats in a notified trade/discipline, the vacant seat shall be offered to candidates belonging to reserved categories in any other discipline on the basis of a combined merit list of reserved candidates in all trades/disciplines, except for seats that are identified to be filled by candidates belonging to PwBD categories.
7. Filling up of seats is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for engagement, if some of these seats are not filled due to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
8. The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, mode of selection and cancellation of the selection process etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
How to Apply
1. Indian Oil has Refineries at Guwahati, Digboi, Bongaigaon (all 3 in Assam), Barauni (Bihar), Vadodara (Gujarat), Haldia (West Bengal), Mathura (Uttar Pradesh), Panipat (Haryana) and Paradip (Odisha).
2. A candidate can apply for apprenticeship in any one of the Refinery unit of his choice.
3. Option for exercising the choice of a Refinery unit has been provided in the application menu (on-line application portal) which shall open at 10.00 hours on 16/10/2018 and close at 17.00 hours on 09/11/2018.
4. Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a seat, may visit the website www.iocl.com go to ‘What’s New’ > go to Latest Job Opening > go to Engagement of Apprentices under Refineries Division > Select the link of the Refinery Unit, where they want to apply for Apprenticeship Training. The candidate must have an active email ID and mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website application / e-mail / mobile phone. Applications submitted through on-line mode will only be accepted.
5. The candidate should have scanned copy of colour photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying on-line. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
6. After successfully applying / registering on-line applications, the candidates are advised to send the print out of on-line application form, duly signed by him/her, to the concerned authority at the Refinery applied for, as mentioned in the table below, along with photographs and all supporting documents (as per check list annexed to Application form) under self-attestation, by ordinary post so as to reach latest by 17.11.2018.
7. If printout of online application form is not received by Refinery Unit applied for by 17.11.2018, candidature of the applicant shall be summarily rejected.
8. The candidate shall ensure that the printout of the online applications are sent to the concerned authority at the Refinery Unit applied for. Application of candidate submitting on-line application for one Refinery Unit and sending the print-out of the on-line application to another Refinery Unit / location shall be summarily rejected.
9. Candidates should super scribe the Name of Refinery applied for, Name of Trade/ Discipline Applied for and Trade/ Discipline Code on the top of the envelope.
10.A copy of on-line application shall be retained by the candidate and produced for verification at the time of Personal Interview.
11.In the event of incomplete applications, applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria or failure to produce the printout with attachments prescribed at the time of personal interview, candidature shall be treated as “Rejected”.
12.All Original certificates are compulsorily required to be brought at the time of Personal Interview for verification. Further information regarding written examination, call letters, results, etc. shall be made available through this website www.iocl.com through email. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep visiting the website www.iocl.com regularly.
1. Stipend: As prescribed under the Apprentices Act, the Apprentices shall be paid stipend of an amount equivalent to a prescribed percentage of the minimum wages applicable in the State. In addition, the Refinery pays Rs. 2500/- per month to an apprentice towards stationery, conveyance and miscellaneous expenses etc., wherever applicable.
2. Personal Protective Equipment: The Apprentices shall be provided with safety shoes & a Helmet (returnable upon completion of training).
3. Medical Facility: Medical facilities will be allowed for self from the Refinery Hospital during the period of Apprenticeship training.
4. Company Accommodation/HRA: No HRA or Company’s accommodation shall be provided to Apprentices. However, apprentices belonging to PwBD category may be allowed shared hostel accommodation at normal charges, subject to availability.
5. Leave & Holidays: Apprentices will be allowed 8 days General Leave in a quarter. They will also be allowed to avail of Casual Leave & Holidays as per rules framed by the Corporation.
6. Insurance Coverage: An Insurance coverage under Employee’s Compensation Act towards accident compensation on monthly wage limited to Rs 8000/- shall be available to the apprentices.
7. Apprentices shall be covered under the Certified Standing Orders applicable to workmen at the Refinery where they are undergoing Apprenticeship training and shall be placed under the administrative control of authorities as prescribed from time to time.
8. Period of Apprenticeship Training: Apprenticeship Training shall be of 12 months duration which may be extended under certain circumstances as provided under Rule 7 of the Apprentices Rules 1992.
9. The Corporation will have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices.
10. Rules/guidelines, as may be prescribed by the Govt/framed by the Corporation from time to time, shall apply.
11. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of on-line application.
12. . The Apprenticeship agreement shall be registered on-line with respective authorities.
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|