1. Tenure & Training. Enrolment shall be for an initial period of 20 years (subject to condition) which may be extended up to the age of 57 years (subject to service conditions). Initially, candidates shall be sent for a Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) at Basic Training Institute, Belagavi (Karnataka). On successful completion of JBPT, candidates will be allocated trades and sent for trade training of specified durations which shall include Security training or any other training centre as per service requirements. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit. AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF ALL STAGES OF TRAINING, THE AIRMEN SHALL BE DEPLOYED ON JOBS AS PER THEIR ALLOTTED TRADES. ALLOTTED TRADE SHALL NOT BE CHANGED ON CANDIDATE’S REQUEST ON ANY GROUNDS.
2. Pay & Allowances. During training, a stipend of Rs. 14,600/- per month shall be paid. On completion of training the starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Military Service Pay (MSP) shall be Rs. 26,900/- per month plus Dearness allowance (as applicable) which, in subsequent years, may rise as per the career progression of the individual.
3. Other allowances such as Transport Allowance, Composite Personal Maintenance Allowance (CPMA), Leave Ration Allowance (LRA), Children Education Allowance, HRA etc. shall also be admissible to Airmen, as per relevant Government instructions.
4. Higher Education. Airmen shall be permitted to pursue higher education qualification only after acquiring prescribed skill grade in their trade.
5. Perks. Perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical facilities, Accommodation, CSD facilities, Leave (60 days Annual and 30 days Casual in a Calendar year as a privilege, subject to service exigencies), Recreational facilities, Transport for school going children and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) shall also be provided as per the existing rules. Group Insurance Cover of Rs. 37.5 Lakhs at a premium of Rs. 2300/- per month for all airmen and facility of Group Housing Scheme are also extended.
17. Job Specification.
(a) Automobile Technician. As an Automobile Technician you will drive all types of light, medium and heavy automobiles, load carriers and specialist vehicles like cranes, towing tractors, fork lifters etc., subject to service exigencies. You will also carry out minor repairs, day to day maintenance and basic level servicing of the common user vehicles and specialist vehicles in the Indian Air Force inventory.
(b) Indian Air Force (Police). As an Indian Air Force (Police) your responsibilities involve assuming police duties and investigation of offences. You are also in-charge of maintenance of security.
(c) Medical Assistant. Operating as a Medical Assistant, you are made familiar with nursing and first-aid. You are also involved in management of medical stores, dispensaries and ward supervision.
Candidature of those who do not meet the laid down educational criteria shall be rejected during Initial verification of original certificates & mark sheets prior to conduct of Physical Fitness Test and also during detailed verification on clearing the Physical Fitness Test as well as Written Test or if found at subsequent stage.