1) The candidate/s should have passed MBBS (Including completion of Internship) or equivalent degree, recognized by MCI.
2) Only those candidate/s, who have passed MBBS (Including Internship) not earlier than 02 (Two) years before the start date of Junior Residency, i. e, 31-10-2018 will be considered. It implies that those who have completed MBBS or equivalent course (Including completion of Internship) between 31-10-2016 to 31-10-2018 only be considered.
3) Those candidate/s who have already completed total (One) year of Junior Residency either at IGIMS Patna or out-side will not be considered. Work experience in Armed Forces, Central/State Health Services and Private Nursing Homes will be taken as equivalent to first year Junior Residency.
4) Candidate must bring all original certificate/s, i.e., MBBS Degree Certificate, Inter-ship completion Certificate, Date of Birth Certificate and Medical Registration Certificate (Including Caste Certificate and Certificate for Exemption from Creamy Layer (For BC/EBC candidate only) for verification, without which no candidate shall be permitted to appear for the interview. The original certificate of the candidate who opt/select for the post of Junior Resident will be retained in the Academic Section of the Institute. The same will not be returned to the candidate before completion of the tenure of the post i.e. 01 (One) year. All original certificates will be returned after obtaining all No Dues from the concerned department/section of the Institute. In case candidate wants to quit the Junior Residency mid-way; he/she will be required to give one month’s notice or deposit one month’s salary, in lieu of notice to the Institute.
5) The selected candidate will be allotted department on the basis of availability of the post in that department, merit-cum-choice and requirement in the Institute.
6) Duties and responsibilities of Junior Residents will be fixed by the Institute from time-to-time. They will be required to perform such work as may be needed in the legitimate interest of patient care in the hospital, including emergency duty.
7) LEAVE : During the term of employment, the Junior Resident will be entitled to 30 (thirty) days leave in the year, i.e., 2.5 (Two & Half) days per-month.
8) ASSESSMENT : At the end of first 06 (Six) months of the Junior Residency, each Junior Resident will be assessed and in case his/her performance is not found satisfactory, his/her appointment shall be terminated.