1. The candidates who apply in response to the Notification and are found eligible, will be called for written examination. Candidates to the extent of only 5 times of the vacancies, who have scored minimum 35% marks in the Written Test, shall be shortlisted for document verification for awarding marks on certificates. The merit list of Written Test shall be criterion for short listing of the candidates for document verification (DV).
2. Written Test: The written test will consist of 40 objective question (40 marks) & 1 essay type question (20 marks) relating to Scouts and Guides Organization and its activities and General Knowledge for Group-C and erstwhile Gr.D posts. There will be negative marking in the written test and 1/3rd of marks allotted for the Objective Type Question will be deducted for every wrong answer. Written test shall be of duration of 60 minutes.
3. The date, time and venue of written examination and document verification will be fixed by the RRC and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of the examination/ document verification will not be entertained under any circumstances.
How to Apply
1. Candidates should submit application fee for an amount mentioned below in the form of Demand Draft / Pay Order from any Nationalized Bank, or crossed Indian Postal Order from any Post Office (issued on or after the date of this notification) drawn in favour of “Principal Financial Adviser, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar”.
2. Certificate in proof of the above issued by the authorities authorized to issue such certificate should be enclosed along with the application form for getting relaxation in the application fee. Candidates should check their eligibility thoroughly before applying. Fee in respect of candidates who are ineligible, but still apply, shall not be refunded.
3. Candidates should send their applications by Ordinary/Registered/Speed post to the Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment), 2nd Floor, South Block , Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751017. Alternatively, candidates can drop their applications directly in Drop Box placed at the office premises of Principal Chief Personnel Officer, 2 nd Floor, South Block , Rail Sadan, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751017.