Senior Research Fellow
Hiring Organisation: Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO)
Salary: INR Rs. 18,000/- pm + 20% HRA
Address: Sector 30C Chandigarh Punjab and Haryana 160030
Education Requirements: M.E. / M. Tech. with at least 60% marks in Advanced Instrumentation Engg., Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engg./Electrical Engg./ Electronics & Communication Engg./ Instrumentation & Control Engg./ Mechatronics/ Non-destructive Testing
Desirable Qualifications: B.E./ B.Tech with at least 60% marks in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engg./Electrical Engg./ Electronics & Communication Engg./ Instrumentation & Control Engg/ Instrumentation Engg/ Mechatronics/ Electrical & Electronics and 2 years of research experience.
Date & Time of Interview: 8 th -9 th December, 2015
No Of Post: 01
How To Apply:
1. The Vacancies may vary either way (from SPF to PF and vice-versa) and even across the Projects. For example, in case a suitable candidate for Senior Project Fellow is not found, the position will be converted to Project Fellow.
2. The candidates who have already served CSIR-CSIO or any other lab / institute of CSIR as any Trainee / Project Assistant / Project Fellow / JRF / SRF / Research Associate etc. for a total period of 5 years or more are not eligible for these engagements. The candidates who have served for a period less than 5 years will have tenure upto for remaining period till completion of five years.
3. The upper age limit for Project Fellow is 28 years and for Sr. Project Fellow is 32 years.
4. The upper age limit for Project Assistant (Level-III) and Sr. Research Fellow is 32 years.
5. Relaxation in age limit for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC/PH and Women shall be 5 years for positions of PF/SPF.
6. For positions of Project Assistant and senior Research fellows, relaxation of age for SC/ST - 5 years, OBC - 3 years, PH (SC/ST) – 10+5, PH (UR) - 10 years and Widows, Divorced women and women Judicially separated from their husband and who are not re-married and falls under the category of UR upto 35 years, OBC upto 38 years and SC/ST upto 40 years will be applicable as per GOI/CSIR instructions.
7. Provision for Ph.D. under AcSIR (Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research) for PF/SPF as per AcSIR / CSIR guidelines available at website i.e. http://www.acsir.res.in.
8. In case a large No. of candidates turn up for Walk-in-interview, Selection/Screening Committee will have discretion to shortlist the candidates for interview.
9. The interviews for all the areas for PF/SPF will be held for 2 days from 8 th - 9 th December, 2015. The candidates may come for walk-in-interview on any day. However, in case a large no. of candidates turn up for a particular area on a particular day then some candidates may be shifted to the next day. Accordingly, candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for staying in Chandigarh for 2-3 days.
10. Medical Facilities for self will be provided through CSIR-CSIO Dispensary only to the extent available as per rules. This will be limited to self only and not for family members/dependents.
11. Reservation: As regards reservation, if all things are equal, SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates may be given preference over General candidates so as to ensure their representation.
12. Result will be made available on CSIO website www.csio.res.in and list of selected and waitlisted candidates will be displayed on website.
13. The selected candidates are expected to join within one month from the date of issue of offer of appointment, after completion of pre-appointment formalities like medical examination and character verification etc.
14. The selected candidates will have to deposit an amount equivalent to Fifteen Day’s stipend as a Security Deposit (Refundable) with the Cashier, CSIR-CSIO, at the time of joining.
15. The facility of Ph.D registration shall be allowed to those PF/SPF who have worked for a minimum period of two years and have at least cleared CSIR-UGC lecturership (NET), or GATE examination or published 2 papers in international peer reviewed journals.
16. CSIR-CSIO reserve the right to cancel or withdraw the award in case of any discrepancy found, in the candidature of any selected candidate at any stage.
17. The waitlisted panel will be valid for one year and will be operated within stipulated period as and when required.
18. CSIR-CSIO reserves the right not to fill up a particular position, if it so desires. The number of vacancies indicated above may vary at the time of actual selection. 19. Other terms & conditions will be governed as per guidelines issued by the funding agency/CSIRHRDG/CSIR Hqrs. for the engagement of PF/ SPF/JRF/SRF/PA as amended from time to time.
Details will be available at: http://www.csio.res.in/components/com_chronocontact/uploads/Recruitment/Advt.%2010-2015%20Project%20Fellows.pdf