1. The selection process comprises of two phases, Phase I, consisting of an Objective type Online test (50 marks) and Phase II, consisting of a Practical Test (30 marks).
2. In Phase I, the question paper for Objective type Online test consists of two parts- General (Part A) and Discipline related (Part B). Part A comprises of General Knowledge, General English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. The pattern of the question paper, number of questions and allotment of marks.
3. Depending on the number of online applications received, the Online test will be held at various centres in Kochi/Kerala as decided by CSL, for all the candidates who submit the applications successfully through online.
4. Based on the marks secured by the candidates in the online test, the candidates shall be short-listed for certificate verification in the ratio of 1:6, in the order of merit/reservation of seats. Candidates who successfully complete the certificate verification will only be allowed to attend the Practical test. In case, same marks secured by more than one candidate, marks scored in the Discipline related part of the online test shall be considered as the basis of determining the order of merit list. In case of a tie thereafter, relative merit shall be decided based on seniority in age.
5. For Phase II (Practical test), candidates are required to prepare a drawing using CAD. Accordingly, weightages are assigned to following parameters for final selection.