1. Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test. The date and venue (s) of the written test will be intimated in due course. The Chairman reserves the right to change the venue (s) of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard. Before entering the examination center, biometrics of each candidate will be done.
2. The written test will be of 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts (i) Logical reasoning, aptitude, comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (iii) General Knowledge.
3. Candidates will use black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR based answer sheets. Duration of the Written Test will be of 3 (three) hours.
4. Candidates numbering only 5 times the number of posts in respect of each category as mentioned in Para I in the table (Unreserved, OBC/MOBC, SC, S.T. (P)) both male & female and ST (H) only male will be called for PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) on merit basis.
5. If there are candidates scoring the same marks in Written Test as the last candidate selected for the PST (Physical Standard Test) and PET (Physical Efficiency Test) by the 5 times formula in a particular case, the candidates scoring the same marks will also be called for the PST/PET, and therefore the number may exceed the 5 times to that extent for that particular case and category only. A list will be published in the Assam Police Website as well as in leading dailies of Assam.