1. There are 137 Army Public Schools (APS) located in various Cantonments and Military Stations across India. These schools are administered and managed by local Army authorities and affiliated to CBSE through Army Welfare Education Society (AWES). A List of these schools is placed at Annexure 1.
2. There are approximately 8000 teachers on the rolls of these schools. Out of these, a large number get turned over every year due to various reasons. Note: The exact number of vacancies will be projected by the School/Management while advertising for holding interviews/evaluation of teaching skills for selection of teachers.
3. Vacancies could be regular or contractual nature which shall be informed alongwith the announcement of vacancies. Regular appointments would be liable to transfer.
4. Selection Procedure. Will be done in three stages:-
(a) Stage 1. Screening Exam will be conducted on 17 and 18 November 2018, for vacancies that will arise during the ensuing academic year. This shall be conducted on-line by an agency identified by HQ AWES centrally, to ensure uniform quality of teachers in all Army Public Schools. Those who qualify in this stage will be given Score Cards which are valid for life provided the candidate picks up a teaching job within three years from the date of passing the screening exam in any CBSE affiliated school for a continuous duration of at least one year. A Score Card will make candidates eligible to appear for the remaining stages of the selection process. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test:-
(i) Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
(ii) Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g. a candidate holding Score Card of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
(b) Stage 2. Interview. There may or may not be held at the location of the school. They may be held as per discretion of the local management
(c) Stage 3. Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency. For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills. Selection Committee may also hold Computer proficiency tests if they so desire.
Notes: 1. Stages 2 & 3 will be held in tandem under the aegis of Board of Administration at HQ Command/School Management.
2. Appointments will be made as per CBSE/AWES Rules.
5. To qualify for interview and evaluation of teaching skills, the candidates have to pass a Screening Examination. The next exam will be conducted on 17 and 18 Nov 2018. The general guidelines for candidates are given in the succeeding paragraphs.
6. Categories of Teachers. The exam will be held for the posts of PGT/TGT/PRT for subjects as per list placed at Annexure 2.
7. The Screening Exam for 2018 will be conducted as 17 and 18 November 2018 as per schedule to be decided depending on the number of candidates who register for the exam.
8. Registration. Candidates are expected to register ON-LINE for the screening exam by logging onto the Registration Portal http://aps-csb.in . The registration portal will be open from 01 Oct 2017 to 24 Oct 2018. Candidates can register from 9AM on 01 Oct 2018 to 5PM on 24_Oct 2018. Thereafter the portal will be closed for registration. The procedure to be followed will be as under :-
(a) Log onto the web-site http://aps-csb.in and study the detailed instructions for Registration that will be available on the portal.
(b) Fill up the personal information or the application form.
(c) The system will then ask the candidates to pay the exam fee ON-LINE. Payment options are Debit/Credit Cards/ Net banking. A payment gateway has been integrated with the web-site for the purpose and candidates will be guided through the payment process.
(d) After payment of fee, the candidates will be asked by the system to attached following documents :-
(i) Photographs and signatures
(ii) Proof of date of birth
(iii) Certificates of academic qualifications.
(e) Once registration is completed, the candidates will get a confirmation that registration is successful. Candidates will also be informed through e-mail and SMS regarding the same.
(f) A `Help Line’ will be available to the candidates to seek any assistance, till the conduct of the exam. The helpline tab will be available on the portalhttp://aps-csb.in
(g) Candidates would be able to take mock-tests ON-LINE to familiarize themselves with the exam procedure. A link for this will be available on the Registration Portal with effect from 03 Nov to 10 Nov 2018.
8. Exam Centres. A list of Exam Centres will be available on the Registration Portal. A tentative List is also placed at Annexure 4. The candidates are required to fill in three choices in order of preference. Effort shall be made to allot one of the three choices. If none of the choice is available the application fee shall be refunded.
Note : There may be some changes in the list of exam centres due to administrative reasons. However no change will be made after issue of Admit Cards.
9. Admit Cards. Admit Cards will be available ON-LINE. Candidates may download and print the same. The same should be produced for gaining entry to the Exam Centre. Candidates are advised to read the instructions appended to the Admit Cards carefully.
10. Exam Results. Will be put up on the AWES web-site www.awesindia.com. This being an on-line examination. No review of results shall be allowable.
11. Score Card. The Score Cards of successful candidates will be available on the Registration Portal after the exam which the candidates may download and laminate. The card will be valid for life provided the candidate takes up teaching position in any CBSE recognized school (for a period of at least one year) within 3 years of issue of Score Card.
12. Timelines (a) Registration - 01 October to 24 October 2018. (b) Availability of - 03 Nov 2018 (Tentative. Will be informed Admit cards on-line after uploading) (c) Exam - 17 and 18 November 2018. (d) Publication of - 03 Dec 2018. Results
13. Sample Question Papers. Sample question papers of previous years shall be available for which desirous candidates have to demand by logging onto to the appropriate link on the Registration Portal http://aps-csb.in and making payment on-line. Once you have made payment successfully, you need to login after 24 hours and your paper(s) will be available for download.
Costs of the papers are as under :- (a) Part A - Rs 100/- (b) Part B - Rs 100/-( specific subject)
14. Once the candidate is possession of a CSB card on successful clearing of the on-line examination, the candidate would need to look for vacancy announcements by the Army Public School of their choice/ neighborhood. For this, they may contact the school/check the website of the schools concerned or look for advertisement on the news papers. Stage 2 and 3 of selection shall be conducted by the respective schools/their controlling management at different time usually between Dec - Mar. Application form for the same shall be available on school websites accordingly